Engage your senses in a fun and creative way! Choose up to 5 inspiring challenges over 5 days and fundraise for DeafBlind Ontario Foundation. It’s all based on the 5 senses, so join us as an individual or team for this exciting event.
Come to Your Senses participants may choose from a wide selection of creative, sensory ideas or create their own. Take a look at the list below and let your imaginations run wild! Leading up to event week, March 8-12, 2021, individuals and teams will collect pledges online from their friends, family and networks. Then, during each of the 5 days, post your daily challenge on social media along with the hashtags #ComeToYourSenses #CTYSChallenge.
Pledges will be collected on the CanadaHelps Peer-2-Peer (online) platform. This platform makes it easy to join your team page, set up your personal fundraising page, for friends to make pledges and for you to watch your success grow! It’s really easy! Then, invite your friends, families, and contacts to support you online through email, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Click here to join the challenge!
Choose up to 5 activities to challenge your senses or design your own. Make it YOUR challenge!
– Cook a delicious 5 course dinner
– Do the ‘blind taste test challenge’ with 5 different tastes
– 55 mins of yoga or learn 5 yoga poses
– Wrap up in a warm, soft blanket and read 5 chapters of a good book
– Make a flower arrangement with 5 colours
– Make snow art with 5 colours of paint
– Learn 5 ASL signs
– Create your own blend with 5 essential oils
– Go for a 5, 15 or 25 minute walk – make note of 5 different things you hear
– Embrace 5 hours of silence
– 5k run/ walk/ bike ride
– Learn 5 new dance moves
– 5 hours away from your cell phone
– 5 simple acts of kindness
– 5 minutes of guided meditation