Come to Eldon House and join Brenna Ardiel as she leads our workshop in understanding the unusual and beautiful Victorian practice of mourning jewelry. Evoking the memory of a loved one, create a small portable token of remembrance in the form of a black ornate ring or pendant with their miniature portrait. Learn to create your own piece of morbid jewelry with the use of pressed flowers or cemetery portraiture which you can take home.
Good-to-knows for this event:
- Not suitable for children under 12.
- Mask or face covering is mandatory while in the Interpretive Center.
- Social distancing measures will be maintained while each participants is at their work station.
- There is no parking on site. There is parking on Fullerton St. across from the Eldon House Gardens or in and around Ridout St. N.
- In order to participate you will be required to answer a few screening questions upon your arrival to ensure the safety of both staff, vendors and fellow participants.
- Please be aware that this event could be postponed or cancelled depending on pandemic developments.
- The museum is open Wednesday to Sunday from 12:00 to 5:00pm for self-guided tours. Please call for more information.
- For more information about our COVID-19 preventative procedures and measures please call 519-661-5169 or email email@example.com