Job Title: Event Marketing Student
(Canada Summer Jobs Grant)
The Event Marketing Student will report to the Marketing and & Events Manager
The Downtown London BIA is a catalyst and connector for a shared community vision of London’s downtown, on behalf of members, in partnership with the City of London, and in support of major economic development, cultural, educational, and private sector stakeholders. We assist our members to achieve success through promotion, programming, and advocacy with a focus on the common good of the membership.
The BIA is looking to hire two (2) summer students to help achieve a positive public image for Downtown London through small scale events and community engagement. This will involve the day to day planning and operating of small scale events, as well as assisting with larger events hosted throughout the summer.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Execute a Consistent Schedule of Small-Scale Activations
- Delivery of Assets to Members
- Vigilance Walks
- Community Engagement (calls and visits to members)
- Content Generation for Social Media, organization and virtual storing of media from events (photo, video, event coverage, etc.)
- Concierge Service at Conferences/Events
- Provide a positive customer service to those visiting and walking around downtown
- Other tasks as assigned by Events and Sponsorships Specialist
- A vibrant friendly personality
- Excellent communication skills and being comfortable with engaging with numerous people in a day
- Knowledge of social media marketing
- Knowledge of the downtown is an asset
- Able to work independently and as part of a group
- Familiarity with best practices for site managing small-scale events or activations is an asset
- Photography skills is an asset
- Graphic Design skills is an asset
- Capable of walking for long periods of time
- Available to work evenings and weekends
Hours of Work:
11:30 am – 4:30 pm Mondays
9:00am – 4:30pm Tuesday through Friday
Might be scheduled to work on a Saturday or Sunday
35 Hours as week for an eight (8) week contract funded through Canada Summer Jobs
(July 4 – August 26).
Applicants must be Canadian citizens between 15 and 30 years old.
Please submit resumes to Aaron McMillan, Marketing & Events Manager at Downtown London, by Thursday June 23. via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only selected candidates will be contacted.
This position pays $16.60/ hour.