In this Issue:
Downtown London Staff Spotlight
Congratulations to Kathy McLaughlin and Vicki Smith on their milestone anniversaries with Downtown London!
Kathy started her journey here working as a Program Coordinator for MainStreet London, and now holds the title of Manager of Business Development. Kathy’s passion for supporting small businesses, plus her ability to connect so well with our business members, has led to 20 successful years here at Downtown London. We are lucky to have her on our team!
Vicki’s unwavering commitment to supporting Downtown London’s mission over the past 15 years has not gone unnoticed. She is an expert on all things Downtown London BIA-related – and we are incredibly grateful for her wealth of knowledge. She has truly helped our organization grow to support over 1,400 businesses! Vicki started her journey here as a Bookkeeper, and is now the Manager of Operations.
Happy Hour Winners
Congratulations to our Happy Hour London winners for weeks 1 and 2! The winners dined at Saga Board Games & Coffee and Mingle by Mr. and Mrs. Bao, and entered their Happy Hour receipts for a chance to win. Join the fun and sign up for the Happy Hour London campaign here!
DTL in the Media
- Johnny Cash and June Carter immortalized in London, Ont., the site of their engagement (CTV London, July 11)
- New mural of iconic moment unveiled in downtown London (London News Today, July 11)
- Johnny Cash, London and the making of a downtown mural (London Free Press, July 6)
Updates and Seminars
- LDBA 2023 Annual Survey
- Share your feedback to help us plan 2024 programming!
- Social Media Feature Form
- July Downtown Event Calendar
City of London:
- New Comprehensive Zoning By-law — ReThink Zoning
- Keep up to date with the City’s proposed new comprehensive Zoning By-law
Ontario Tourism Education Corporation (OTEC):
- Accelerated Resiliency & Retention Training Series
- Learn the essentials of customer service in the hospitality and tourism sector through this free virtual training series
London Small Business Centre:
- Business Planning Guide Workshop (September 18, 9am – 4:30pm)