In this Issue:
CIP Loan Repayment Deferral
The City of London is deferring all Community Improvement Plan (CIP) loan repayments on an interest-free basis from August 1, 2023 to August 30, 2026, with repayment to automatically restart on September 15, 2026. This is to allow for the completion of construction, a full recovery from COVID-19, and for the City’s health and homelessness plan to begin demonstrating positive impacts.
To participate in this deferral program, you must notify Graham Bailey at email@example.com by Wednesday, August 9, 2023. If you do not reply by August 9, 2023, it means your loan payments will continue as scheduled.
AMO Conference is Coming Downtown
The City of London is hosting the Association of Municipalities Ontario (AMO) 2023 Annual General Meeting and Conference from August 20 to August 23, 2023. About 1,200 city councillors and senior city staff from across the province will be staying downtown for the conference.
We are providing material to encourage the delegates to visit the local restaurants and businesses in the core, so be sure to welcome them into your business when they are in town!
DTL in the Media
- This rooftop garden is in full bloom in downtown London. Are others viable? (CBC London, July 16)
- Latest local game release shows London, Ont. can punch above its weight in a $300B industry (CBC London, July 20)
- Hot in the City: Summah Sizzle block party set for downtown London (London Free Press, July 20)
- Wanted: More downtown workers to return to the office, including city staff (CBC London, July 26)
Updates and Seminars
- Social Media for Your Business (August 15, 10am-11:30am)
Canadian Federation of Independent Business CFIB:
- Is your business in compliance with the AODA?
- If you employ full-time, part-time, seasonal and/or contract workers, you are required to comply with the AODA.