What is it?
• A one-time grant to help members with costs incurred to improve business safety/security, beautification, cleanliness, health and safety requirements, COVID-19 related marketing costs, business signage costs, activations, restaurant take-out containers and restaurant delivery costs.
• Having received a 2020 COVID grant will not affect eligibility for the new grant.
How does it work?
• Business owners purchase eligible items/ services related to business security, safety, storefront cleanliness, beautification, health and safety requirements, COVID-19 related marketing costs, business signage, activations, restaurant take-out containers and restaurant delivery costs.
• Business owner contacts Downtown London staff to express interest in grant, share the scope of work to be done (check for eligibility) and projected costs. Staff send out applications for the business owner to submit eligible work for the grant.
• Business owner submits a grant application, with a copy of estimated costs for goods to be purchased and installed. Downtown London staff review with COVID-Task Force representatives, give approval for eligible expenses.
Note: Staff and task force members are bound by strict confidentiality agreements and cannot share information you submit for review and approval.
• Business owner purchases goods and services, submit official paid receipts (not invoices) for approved expenditures.
• Staff review applications, receipts/cancelled cheque or e-transfer receipts to verify actual expenditures; approve payment of 75% of total cash expenditure up to a maximum grant of $2,000.
What businesses are eligible?
• All downtown businesses; First intake will go to March 31, 2021. Priority processing for storefront businesses. Retroactive to December 15.
What purchases are eligible?
• 3M Film windows
• Metal storefront gates
• Exterior lighting
• Security cameras
• Store safe
• Metal doors, deadbolt locks
• Revamped Signage
• Seasonal Decorations
• Cleanliness projects
• Canopy/tent purchase or rental
• Outdoor heating devices (with Fire Department approval)
• PPE supplies
• COVID-19 marketing initiatives
• Restaurant delivery service costs
Where do I apply?
• Completed applications and receipts should be submitted to:
Vicki Smith, Downtown London
123 King Street, London ON N6A 1C3
(519)663-2002 ext 102
When would I receive the grant?
• Upon completion of the approved work, after you have paid for the installations/services
and submitted a copy of your purchase/receipts to Downtown London for reimbursement.
• Staff will pay grant via Automated Funds Transfer (AFT) to your account.