In this Issue:
Students are back!
Are you ready for the upcoming school year? It’s just around the corner — and the students are already flooding back into London. If you plan to post any student promotions on social media, be sure to tag us and we will help spread the word!
CEBA Loan Repayments
Did you take out a Canada Emergency Business Account (CEBA) loan? Downtown London stands alongside partner organizations, such as London’s Chamber of Commerce and the Canadian Federation of Independent Business (CFIB), in advocating for an extension of the CEBA loan repayment period from the federal government.
If you would like to join this effort, you can sign CFIB’s petition to extend the CEBA repayment period and help small businesses recover from COVID-19 debt.
Congratulations to Noah Cafe for celebrating their one-year anniversary today! Our team is stopping by One London Place to celebrate this exciting milestone, and we hope to see you there, too
Join the Downtown London team in welcoming Mustangs Dessert to the neighbourhood! Drop by the Covent Garden Market on Friday, August 25 at noon for a ribbon cutting ceremony, and grab a tasty treat while you’re there.
DTL in the Media
- Hello Maker! Studio brings crafters together in downtown London, Ont. (CBC London, August 19)
- What inspires out-of-towners about London? (CBC London, August 22)
Updates and Seminars
Canadian Federation of Independent Business
Small Business Centres Ontario:
- Sales and Marketing (Free course with 7 lessons)
Morrissette Institute for Entrepreneurship
- Social Media Planning and Content Curations – Tips and Tricks (Archived webinar)
- Marketing Strategy with Jeff Greenspoon (Archived webinar)
For more resources, check out our new Member Education page!